COMEDK colleges: COMEDK is meant for Engineering and Medical entrance exam enthusiasts. Every year, COMEDK exam is conducted in the month of May. The application form for COMEDK exam is available on its official website in the month of April. The Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK) consists of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology and English MCQ papers taken on the same day. The Association conducts two examination round the year, in which one is UGET (Under Graduate Entrance Test) and other is PGET (Post Graduate Entrance Test). The COMEDK UGET 2018 lays the path to MBBS, BDS, B.Tech and B.Arch Courses.
- Online registration for COMEK exam began in January 2019.
- Intermediate graduates from all over the country are eligible for the exam.
- The Application Fee for the COMEDK exam is Rs. 1300.
- In case you wish to apply for COMEDK and UniGAUGE alike, the fee for that is Rs. 2100.
- COMEDK is a computer-based test that takes place in only one language – English
- The COMEDK exam is conducted over 300 centers all across our country. You get to choose your center as you register.
Top 30 COMEDK Colleges:
There are about twenty thousand seats up for grabs across about 25 dental colleges, 15 medical colleges and 150 engineering colleges from Karnataka.
|Serial. No.||College Name|
|1||RV College of Engineering, Bangalore|
|2||PES University, Bangalore|
|3||MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore|
|4||BMS College of Engineering, Bangalore|
|5||Sri Sairam College Of Engineering, Bangalore|
|6||Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur|
|7||Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology, Bangalore|
|8||Bangalore Institute of Technology, Bangalore|
|9||Vidyavardhaka College of Engineering, Mysore|
|10||Sir M Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology, Bangalore|
|11||Reva Institute of Technology and Management, Bangalore|
|12||BNM Institute of Technology, Bangalore|
|13||JSS Academy of Technical Education, Bangalore|
|14||BV Bhoomaraddi College of Engineering and Technology, Hubli|
|15||Acharya Institute of Technology, Bangalore|
|16||Basaveshwar Engineering College, Bagalkot|
|17||Alliance College of Engineering and Design, Bangalore|
|18||NMAM Institute of Technology, Karkala Taluk|
|19||Sri Revana Siddeshwara Institute of Technology, Bangalore|
|20||SJB Institute of Technology, Bangalore|
|21||Sapthagiri College of Engineering, Bangalore|
|22||Sai Vidya Institute of Technology, Bangalore|
|23||Sahyadri College of Engineering and Management, Mangalore|
|24||NIE Institute of Technology, Mysore|
|25||RTE Society’s Rural Engineering College, Hulkoti|
|26||Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Bangalore|
|27||Sri Venkateshwara College of Engineering, Bangalore|
|28||Ballari Institute of Technology and Management, Bellary|
|29||Alva’s Institute of Engineering and Technology, Mangalore|
|30||Sri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara Institute of Technology, Ujire|
COMEDK Colleges Seat Allotment:
- The COMEDK exam seat allotment for COMEDK colleges will be done online based on merit ranking and choice or preference.
- COMEDK seat allotment is a part of counselling procedure. Once you have your AIRs and scores, the counselling process begins. So, don’t worry about what course you will take already because once you crack the exam, you will indeed get proper guidance and counselling from institute experts.
- During the process of seat allotment for COMEDK colleges, candidates choose any of the options- Upgrade/ Reject/ Accept/ Withdraw, depending upon what they feel about the seat they have achieved in a certain college for a certain course. Can you apply to multiple colleges for different courses? You absolutely can.
- Those who accept the seat can download their verification entry card from the official website. This is your proof of entering into the college and course.
COMEDK exam 2019 Tips and Tricks:
- In-depth knowledge about COMEDK: All your examinations are tailored to meet the needs of the institutions it caters to. Different institutions have different criteria for selecting students and hence conduct separate exams. Knowing and understanding the pattern of the examination and types of questions is a must for your preparation.
- Know your strengths and weaknesses: Your preparation is strictly governed by self-analysis. Nobody knows your study requirements better than If you fail to find loopholes in your concepts or shy away from revisiting your mistakes, it is not going to do you any good. Knowing your weaknesses allows you to work on your weak concepts, so ask doubts and probe further into concepts.
- Solve plenty of previous year question papers: Remember to go through your previous years’ papers because what better way to gauze the exam pattern, difficulty level, etc. than to actually solve them. Collect previous COMEDK exam questions papers and start solving them. Always remember to go back to your answer keys to compare and definitely remember your learnings from it. Make a note of all the topics you are weak in and concentrate more on those topics. While we are at it, it is also important to adapt your body clock to the examination timings so that you can deliver your best in that duration. You’d relate to this: if you always study at night, that time your brain sort of acclimatizes itself to be in it’s the most alert state. If you sleep at a certain time, you usually would feel sleepy in that time too. The more you stick to the time restrictions, the better equipped will be to handle the examination pressure. This is because your body clock adjusts its state.
- Begin with a set time-table: This is your holy grail to cracking the best of COMEDK colleges through the COMEDK exam. Your time-table is your pathway to achieving your goal. Make sure all your breaks, leisure, etc. is also accounted for in this schedule of yours. Your schedule could be subject-wise, or a mixture of many subjects slotted according to mixed difficulty levels. Consider the fact that human attention span on an average is between 40 mins to an hour, so any slot you mark should not exceed this without a break or you lose your focus. Try to absolutely stick to your schedule and never procrastinate. Keep social media, Netflix and other such distractions at bay. Remember, time is of the essence here. If you must incorporate it, maybe that’s the leisure slot you want to assign it to. The total syllabus requires diligent study and hence you must train yourself to study for a specific required number of hours every day apart from practicing extra questions. To habituate your mind with the different types of questions, you must have practiced more than enough such types before-hand.
- Revision notes: We cannot stress enough how important is a revision. Memory is a tricky thing and we don’t always have it as expected. Writing notes on the go not only re-installs the points in your mind, it makes a great handy place for revising formulae, deviations, equations, and important points. Some students stick the periodic table, important formulae on the wall. Make sure to glimpse over that every day. These could be mathematical formulae or important chemical reactions; basically, anything that is important and is expected to be remembered for the exam. In the last minute, you won’t really have time to go over the entire concepts but just these notes.
With that, we hope you get your desired COMEDK colleges in your choice. Remember, a little consistent hard-work today will assure a bright future for your life. All the best!